With the holidays just around the corner, it's time once again for The Menu for Hope fundraising campaign. It's an opportunity for you to enter to win an assortment of amazing prizes donated by many food bloggers from around the world. The proceeds from the raffle sales go towards supporting the UN World Food Programme, which provides hunger relief for people worldwide.
The fundraiser was founded and is organized by Pim of Chez Pim, one of my favourite food bloggers who I had the pleasure of meeting during my trip last month (but more of that later...). Last year, we raised over $17,000 to support UNICEF. With your help, I'm certain that we can do at least as well this year!
You can see a listing of all the prizes available to be won here. To enter to win a prize, simply donate $10US and specify the prize code of the item that you want to win on this page. For more detailed instructions, please click here.
The Ultimate Chocolates Tasting Kit (CA13)
This year, the prize that I've come up with is called the Ultimate Chocolate Tasting Kit. Over the past few months I've been doing a fair bit of chocolate tasting, trying as many different chocolates as I can in hopes of developing my palate. I've come across some amazing chocolates, and in this prize, I've included ten of my favourite bars:
seven dark chocolates
- Amedei Chuao -wonderful complexity, and considered by some to be the best chocolate in the world
- Amedei Porcelana - my favourite chocolate, and infamous for being the world's most expensive
- Amedei 9 - love the lingering sweetness
- Michel Cluizel Mangaro - a bright, lively chocolate - perfect for breakfast!
- Michel Cluizel Hacienda 'Los Anconès' - reminds me of a wet forest
- Valrhona Palmira 2005 - my favourite Valrhona chocolate, a very nice sweet/bitter balance
- Slitti GranCacao 73% - deep flavour with subtle hints of coconut
two milk chocolates
- Scharffen Berger Milk Chocolate - deep, rich, and creamy
- Domori Latte Sel - salted milk chocolate, well-balanced and very addictive
and one white chocolate
- Amedei Cioccolato al Latte Bianco con Pistacchi - white chocolate with pistachio bits
I've also included The Chocolate Connoisseur by Chloé Doutre-Roussel, a fascinating and light-hearted book that serves as an excellent guide to chocolate tasting. Shipping to anywhere in the world is included.
So if you or someone you know is a chocoholic, and would like to taste a few of the world's finest bars, please consider bidding for my gift, the prize code is CA13.